FIRST LUTHERAN CHURCH
Two things make life significant for us.
· Our faith in Jesus Christ
· Our membership in the church
We are interested in knowing your concerns in life and about your relationship with God.
How do you feel about your relationship with God?
· Do you consider yourself to be a Christian?
· How does a person become a Christian?
God has good news for our lives.
· A person becomes a Christian through God’s free gift.
· Becoming a Christian is neither earned nor deserved.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
Needs We All Share
Every Person —
· Is a sinner
· is born spiritually dead
· is unable to save himself
1 John1:8 – If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
In love and mercy God responds to our needs through Jesus Christ.
· He is both God and man
· He is our only Savior
Romans 5:8 – But God demonstrates His own love for us in this. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Faith receives the gift of salvation.
· Faith trusts in Jesus Christ alone
· Faith is created by the Holy Spirit through the Word
John 3:5-6 – Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the spirit gives birth to spirit.”
Responses and New Directions
What is your response?
· Do you confess this faith, that Jesus Christ is your personal savior and Lord at this time?
· Are you unsure, but open to learning more?
· Do you reject this faith?
Romans 10:10 – If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Because we care
· May we help you search further into God’s Word?
· May we invite you into our Pastor’s adult information class?
· May we help you meet other people in some group or activity at our church?
· May we help you serve others in a meaningful way?
Ephesians 1:2 – Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.